Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Another delay....

Hi all, You will be able to read the frustration in this post (just warning you!)

Today we found out that the U.S. Citizenship & Immigration Services (USCIS) and the U.S. Department of State (USDOS) created a new process for the I-600 filing procedures. What this means is another bureaucratic step. Before, the I-600 was completed while you were in Vietnam. Now, it must be completed prior to travel approval. Our agency is saying this could delay the process four months. Can we say UGH!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Lori said...

UGH! I'm so sorry. I think the waiting is the HARDEST part of adopting. I guess you just have to focus on the amazing outcome. Hang in there!

Kelli said...

The wait is so hard with adoption (I am only waiting for my final HS, but even that is hard). I am hoping the new I-600 procedures were be fine tuned before we receive our babies and that it will save parents the heartache of a NOID in Vietnam!